Labels

Custom Search

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Movie Review- Avatar (3D)

Avatar stars Sam Worthington as Jake Sully, a former Marine who is paralyzed from the waist down. Sully is recruited to participate in a scientific program on the planet of Pandora where he is asked to take his deceased brothers’ place as an “Avatar”. Sully enters the world of Pandora as one of the Na’vi, a humanoid race with its own culture and language. While on Pandora, Sully meets Neytiri (Zoe Saldana), and falls in love with her, as well as with Pandora. Sully finds himself in a situation where he must decide where his loyalties lie.

Visually, the movie was amazing. The first time I didn’t watch it in 3D, but the second time I did. I would recommend seeing it in 3D. The second time around I saw things that I missed the first time. Also, the scenes in the forest as well as the battle scenes at the end of the movie were much more enhanced in 3D.

The story itself was very predictable. I knew within the first fifteen minutes how the movie would end. However, I was never bored during the 162 minutes of the movie. The story, though not very complex, was engaging. It reminded me of a modern day Dances with Wolves.

I highly recommend seeing this movie in 3D. So, unless you have a stash of 3D glasses at your house, I’d advise you to see this movie at the theatre.

Avatar

No comments:

Post a Comment